Electrical Design of Commercial and Industrial Buildings helps to teach students the important components of electrical design through an integrated approach that combines hands-on practice with fundamental theory. By taking an applied-learning approach to instruction, this text explains electrical codes, principles, design criteria and other key elements of the design process, then guides all students through each step as they create their own electrical design plans.
A companion Student Resource CD-ROM with sample plans - accompanied by example equipment lighting fixture schedules, lists and calculation templates - gives students with a comprehensive framework for experiential learning. As an integrated learning tool, Electrical Design of Commercial and Industrial Buildings is both an essential teaching guide for electrical design instructors and a great reference book for students and professionals. This text is 164 pages.
Electrical Design for Commercial and Industrial Buildings gives all students the ability to understand how electrical plans are designed, conceptualized and compiled while also illustrating how to apply this knowledge to the cases they will encounter in the field. The unique hands-on approach of this text does much more than simply relay theory and teach the ability to read blueprints. It gives relevant codes real-world examples and requirements, as well as an opportunity to increase student knowledge about key aspects of an electrical design.
Features that reinforce and expand on essential information include:
- Tips: Helpful tips offer additional advice or reinforce information provided in the text.
- Wrap Up: End-of-chapter materials and activities reinforce important concepts and evaluate student comprehension.
- Charged Terms: Key terms are easily identified and explained within the text. A complete list with definitions follows each chapter.
- Calculation Examples: Step-by-step examples take the reader through essential calculations.
- You Are The Designer: This unique hands-on student project combines knowledge presented in the text and guides students through the creation of their own electrical design project.
- Master Concepts thoroughly summarize chapter concepts.
- Charged Terms provide definitions and key terms from the chapter.
- Check Your Knowledge promotes critical thinking and tests readers' understanding of key concepts.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Electrical Plan Design
- Chapter 2 General Electrical Requirements
- Chapter 3 Specialized Electrical Requirements
- Chapter 4 Lighting Systems
- Chapter 5 Distribution Systems
- Chapter 6 Load and Short-Circuit Calculations
- Chapter 7 Electrical Plan Review