The DEWALT® Construction Estimating Handbook is a real-world guide to success in construction estimating!
This great book is loaded with tips, checklists, worksheets, data tables, and tutorials--all the tools you need to effectively navigate through every step of the estimating process.
The book focuses on the construction estimating "how-to" essentials and provides on-the-spot answers backed up with graphic examples. Comprehensive coverage includes marketing, bid planning, scope review, quantity take-off for all trades and divisions, cost analysis, value engineering, Excel® spreadsheet estimating, and more.
- Enhances learning with graphic examples and screenshots.
- Rounds out comprehensive coverage with expert recommendations on making the estimating process more efficient.
- Facilitates comprehension with a straightforward, to-the-point, and "no-nonsense" format.
- Offers one-of-a-kind instruction with tutorials for Excel spreadsheet estimating accompanied by step-by-step instructions.
- Supplements learning with practical tools, like detailed quantity take-off examples and checklists.
- Free online learning component offers additional information
The information contained in this book is based on the author's extensive experience in estimating, and aims to provide workable solutions to the unprecedented challenges that construction professionals face today, from a weak economy and fierce competition to material price volatilities, skilled labor shortages, and strict regulations.