South Carolina Heating Contractor
Sample Questions for the South Carolina Heating Contractors Exam
1.) In a heating and/or cooling system, what is the accessory used to supply and control the introduction of outside air and exhaust stale air?
- The humidistat
- The HEPA filter
- The energy recovery ventilator (ERV)
- The indoor air quality equalizer
In a heating/cooling system, where should the filter be placed?
- Ahead of heating and cooling coils and other mechanical equipment
- Between the heating and cooling coils
- In the HVAC room next to the furnace
- On the side of the return air plenum
Under the Uniform Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act of North Carolina there are 3 types of inspectors authorized to conduct inspection. Which one of these is NOT allowed?
- Deputy Inspector
- Insurance Inspector
- Owner-User Inspector
- All are allowed to conduct inspections
Straight line depreciation is computed by:
- Dividing the value of the asset by the years in the recovery period, an claiming the same deduction every year
- Depreciating the asset only to the extent that is paid for; so if you finance the asset, you can claim a write-off only to the extent that you pay the bank
- Taking the expense as a straight line-item write-off in the year purchased
- Writing off the asset only over 35 years
Financial standards are:
- The regulatory requirements for preparation of financial statements
- Developed internally as a method of measuring results
- The accepted arrangement of accounts on financial statements
- The rules and regulations accountants follow in auditing your books
Answers: Click Here to show the answers.