New Mexico Journeyman Plumber
Sample Questions for the New Mexico Journeyman Plumbers Exam
What is the aim of municipal codes in relation to drainage systems?
- to show you how to size a building drain
- to protect the public health
- to explain what a waste stack is
- to give detailed instructions on calculating maximum fixture unit loads
When a vent is required in indirect waste piping, how must it be installed?
- connect it to a vent which serves a sanitary system
- to extend separately to the outside air
- with a beehive strainer at least 4 inches high
- below floor level
What are the two causes of fixture trap seal loss that vent systems protect against in normal fixture use?
- siphonage and back pressure
- sumps and receiving tanks
- suds-producing fixtures and appliances
- water closets and building drains
What is the most common plumbing maintenance problem?
- horizontal drainage lines
- ground joint connections
- clogged drains
- direction of flow
Whose responsibility is it to preset the water heater thermostat?
- the landlord
- a professional engineer
- the installing plumber
- the manufacturer
Answers: Click Here to show the answers.