District of Columbia Master Electrician
Sample Questions for the District of Columbia Master Electricians Exam
An inspection agency is required to be notified of a request for inspection of electrical wiring or equipment in advance of not less than:
- 24 hours
- 48 hours
- 3 days
- 5 working day
A 15 or 20 ampere, 124 volt receptacle used for the reduction of electrical noise where the grounding terminal is isolated from the receptacle mounting yoke is required to be identified by:
- a green grounding symbol
- the words "isolated ground"
- being completely orange in color
- having an orange triangle on the face of the receptacle.
An electrical conductor is made up of 19 strands each with a diameter of 0.0837 inches. The approximate circular mil area of the conductor is:
- 105,600 circular mils
- 133,100 circular mils
- 184,200 circular mils
- 211,600 circular mils
Wiring which is installed to meet minimum requirements of the National Electrical Code is:
- adequate to meet future needs
- adequate for present needs
- always the most efficient wiring
- for all practical purposes safe & free from hazard
A single family dwelling living are is 2,680 square feet, with all 120 volt general illumination circuits rated 15 amperes. The minimum number circuits required is:
Answers: Click Here to show the answers.