Manhours, labor and material costs for all common plumbing and HVAC work in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. You can quickly work up a reliable estimate based on the pipe, fittings and equipment required. Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual. Sample estimating and bidding forms and contracts also included. Explains how to handle change orders, letters of intent, and warranties. Describes the right way to process submittals, deal with suppliers and subcontract specialty work.
New costs added to this 2012 edition include: costs for ASME "H" or "U" stamped, LFUE certified 90% or better green certified boilers, costs for emmission sensing and recording equipment for boilers, costs for self-contained roof-top DX air conditioning units, costs for heat recovery ventilators, roof exhaust fans, makeup air units, ventilation exhausters, energy-effecient exhauster arrays, air balance software, LEED certified boilers, residential heat pumps, LEED certified geothermal heat pumps, LEED certified residential HVAC, LEED certified air to air heat pumps, and much more. 480 pp.
Includes a CD-ROM with an electronic version of the book with National Estimator, a stand-alone Windows estimating program, plus an interactive multimedia video that shows how to use the disk to compile construction cost estimates.
The National Estimator System Requirements:
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Vista or XP. Note: Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit now supported.
- PC with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended.
- Requires up to 160 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- 512 MB system memory.
- 1024 x 768 or higher video resolution, video adapter and monitor.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- To listen to video tutorial - Sound card and speakers or headphones.
- DSL or Cable internet connection is recommended for automatic updates and other optional program features.