Save money and put a wealth of NEC information right at your fingertips with this great set, which includes:
2008 NEC - National Electrical Code Handbook, Spiralbound
Stay competitive and informed with expert NEC® support in the exclusive 2008 National Electrical Code Handbook from NFPA®.
The most valuable reference for NEC users, the 2008 National Electrical Code Handbook provides the technical support required to comply efficiently, avoid violations, and keep electrical installations on track.
The NEC Handbook is a unique source of the Code text plus expert advice!
Get up-to-code! The 2008 NEC Handbook brings comprehensive information about electrical safety to electrical contractors, engineers, electricians, safety officials, inspectors, and architects. Boost productivity with this time- and money-saving tool! (Spiralbound, Approx. 1,500 pp., 2008)
- Only NFPA's Handbook includes the full 2008 NEC text-no other electrical reference has it!
- Expert commentary explains NEC rationale and offers practical, hands-on advice on how to comply-including first-time coverage of new articles, explanations of new and revised rules, and clear examples of application.
- First-time commentary addresses new articles on topics such as Critical Operations Power Systems. Get expert advice on how to properly apply new NEC requirements for "hardened" wiring systems for facilities where continuity of operation is essential to public safety.
- More than 500 full-color graphics, diagrams, photos, tables, and charts illustrate concepts.
- Commentary is color-coded so it's easy to distinguish from mandatory NEC provisions.
- Summaries of key changes in each article highlight revisions in the 2008 NEC!
- New identifiers at the top of each page in the index help users locate topics and identify solutions.
2008 NEC - National Electrical Code Handbook Tabs
Made for the Handbook, Paperback and Spiral versions of the 2008 NEC, this set of pre-printed, self-adhesive tabs attach directly to the pages-helping you reference important articles and tabs quickly.
Mastering the 2008 NEC Important Changes on DVD
Mastering the 2008 NEC Important Changes DVD explains what, how, where and why requirements have changed so you get the inside track on working with the new NEC. Using clear, everyday language, this is the easiest way to see how the new code will affect your work.
Topics covered on this DVD include:
- Grounding Electrode Systems
- Ungrounding Systems
- Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs)
- Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs)
- Color Coding
- Installing NM Cables
- Ponds & Other Bodies of Water
- Swimming Pool Bonding
- Industrial Control Panels
- Adjustable-Speed Drives
- Short-Circuit Ratings
- Selective Coordination
- Kitchen Receptacles
- Grounding of Receptacles
Lecturer Mark Shapiro is a former member of the National Electric Code® Committee. He has more then 25 years of experience inspecting residential, commercial, industrial and institutional electrical work for code compliance, reviewing plans, and teaching the NEC® in addition to his experience as an electrician. Mark draws on this vast experience to help you understand what the NEC® says and how to use it. This video's running time is 105
2008 Dr. Watts Pocket Electrical Guide
Packed with all the updated information from the 2008 National Electrical Code, the 2008 Doctor Watts is the #1 Electrical Pocket Guide for electricians. Many new NEC tables, formulas, illustrations and detailed examples make this an indispensable reference
for anyone working with electricity.
This shirt-pocket guide is loaded with essential information for everyday
reference. Its heavy laminated pages and built-in tabs make it sturdy and
durable enough to stand up to tough on-the-job conditions.
This 2008 edition encompasses new pages containing:
- Numerous new NEC tables
- Formulas with clear, concise explanations of usage
- Detailed reference tables and illustrations
- In-depth examples
All 2008, 2005 and 2002 versions of the Dr. Watts include:
- NEC Tables include Allowable Ampacities, Derating, Burial Depths, Grounding, & Wire-Fill
- Metric Reference Chart
- Basic Electrical, Power, voltage & Transformer Formulas
- Examples depicting bending, transformer installations, branch circuits and GFCIs
Table of Contents:
Wire-Fill for EMT NEC Annex C-Table C1
Common NEMA Enclosure Types
Metric Essentials for Electricians
NEMA Motor Starter Reference Chart
3-phase A.C. Motor Connections for 9-Lead, Dual-Voltage Motors
Calculating Conduit Bends for Offsets and Saddles
Basic Electrical Formulas
Useful Electrical power Formulas
Voltage Drop Formulas
Derating Ampacities at a Glance More Than a Conductors in a Raceway NEC Article
Service Grounding and Bonding at a Glance NEC Article 250
Typical Motor Branch Circuit at a Glance NEC Article 430
Typical Transformer Installation at a Glance NEC Articles 240, 250 &
Feeder and transformer Tap Rules at a Glance NEC 240.21
Common GFCI Locations