This comprehensive set of invaluable publications provides a wealth of information that helps you stay up to date with the latest changes in the 2008 NEC, and also enables you to maintain a competitive edge over others in the industry. This set includes:
2008 National Electrical Code Paperback
Industry-driven changes in the 2008 NEC® redefine electrical safety! Reserve your new 2008 National Electrical Code Paperback Edition from Construction Book Express!
2008 National Electrical Code contains hundreds of new revisions and new provisions that boost public safety, emergency preparedness, Code usability, and worker protection. Only the 2008 NEC includes the latest rules for electrical installation in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies.
The easy to handle NEC Paperback is a must for electrical contractors, engineers, electricians, fire service professionals, safety officials, inspectors, and architects. (Spiralbound, Approx 864 pp., 2008)
It also introduces:
- New article on Critical Operations Power Systems with provisions for electrical security in public and private facilities that must stay online during a crisis, such as public safety dispatch centers and hospital ICUs.
- New article on Electrified Truck Parking Spaces with NEC rules for outlets to run on-board electrical systems, reducing truck emissions and fuel consumption caused by idling during driver rest times.
- New provisions in Article 210, Article 410, and elsewhere in the Code reduce worker hazards and correlate with NFPA 70E ® worker safety rules.
- Plus hundreds of other revisions
2008 National Electrical Code Tabs (For PB, Spiral & Hndbk)
This set of pre-printed, self-adhesive tabs attaches directly to the pages of the 2008 NEC, helping you reference important articles and tabs quickly.
Mastering the 2008 NEC Important Changes on DVD
Mastering the 2008 NEC Important Changes DVD uses clear, everyday language to explain what, how, where and why requirements have changed so you get the inside track on working with the new NEC.
Topics covered on this DVD include:
- Grounding Electrode Systems
- Ungrounding Systems
- Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs)
- Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs)
- Color Coding
- Installing NM Cables
- Ponds & Other Bodies of Water
- Swimming Pool Bonding
- Industrial Control Panels
- Adjustable-Speed Drives
- Short-Circuit Ratings
- Selective Coordination
- Kitchen Receptacles
- Grounding of Receptacles
2008 Dr. Watts
Packed with all the updated information from the 2008 National Electrical Code, the 2008 Doctor Watts is the #1 Electrical Pocket Guide for electricians. Many new NEC tables, formulas, illustrations and detailed examples make this an indispensable reference for anyone working with electricity.
This 2008 edition encompasses new pages containing:
- Numerous new NEC tables
- Formulas with clear, concise explanations of usage
- Detailed reference tables and illustrations
- In-depth examples
All 2008, 2005 and 2002 versions of the Dr. Watts include:
- NEC Tables include Allowable Ampacities, Derating, Burial Depths, Grounding, & Wire-Fill
- Metric Reference Chart
- Basic Electrical, Power, voltage & Transformer Formulas
- Examples depicting bending, transformer installations, branch circuits and GFCIs
Table of Contents:
Wire-Fill for EMT NEC Annex C-Table C1
Common NEMA Enclosure Types
Metric Essentials for Electricians
NEMA Motor Starter Reference Chart
3-phase A.C. Motor Connections for 9-Lead, Dual-Voltage Motors
Calculating Conduit Bends for Offsets and Saddles
Basic Electrical Formulas
Useful Electrical power Formulas
Voltage Drop Formulas
Derating Ampacities at a Glance More Than a Conductors in a Raceway NEC Article
Service Grounding and Bonding at a Glance NEC Article 250
Typical Motor Branch Circuit at a Glance NEC Article 430
Typical Transformer Installation at a Glance NEC Articles 240, 250 &
Feeder and transformer Tap Rules at a Glance NEC 240.21
Common GFCI Locations